Senior Associate, Disputes and InvestigationsJob ID 20001722 Toronto, Canada Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps Canada’s Disputes, Valuations & Investigations practice is a leading market player. We are well-known in Canada and abroad for our expertise and services to corporate clients and their legal and other advisors.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
As a Senior Associate, you will be a key part of a team delivering
business valuation, financial loss quantification and related financial and
other analyses and services to corporate clients and their legal and other
advisors. Much of the work will be in
the context of expert reports in litigation and disputes. Additional duties will include the following:
- Interacting with litigators on financial and business issues
- Obtaining an understanding of the business drivers that underpin the relevant financial analysis
- Developing and/or evaluating loss quantifications
- Creating financial models, cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client company or transaction
- Drafting of internal and external communications, including client proposals and formal expert reports
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Statistics; or an MBA
- CPA, CA, CBV or CFA designations or pursuit thereof is preferred, with a very good understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work and converse with management, lawyers, Boards, technical consultants, and others
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and ability to perform in-depth analysis
- Project management skills to balance multiple projects simultaneously while remaining detail oriented and ensuring projects meet timelines
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a team member
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
In order to be considered
for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.