Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19001720 Singapore, Singapore Apply now
Kroll is the world’s leading risk consulting company. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped companies, government agencies and individuals reduce their exposure to risk and capitalize on business opportunities. Headquartered in New York with more than 50 offices across nearly 30 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of over 2,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies and individuals.
Our services in Singapore include litigation and dispute advisory, fraud and financial investigations, due diligence services for transactions and compliance purposes and information security and physical security services.
Kroll’s seasoned professionals are handpicked and recruited from leading universities, management consulting companies, top law firms, international auditing companies, multinational corporations, law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Kroll also maintains a network of highly trained specialists in cities throughout the world who can respond to clients’ global needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Associate will be responsible for producing and supporting the research and investigative work that forms the basis of Kroll’s work for its clients. Specifically,
- Source information from primary & secondary sources including databases, internet and public domain
- Be creative in developing traditional and non-traditional sources of information, especially in areas where public information is limited
- Verify the credibility of the information and sources
- Field investigation
- Analyse the information, draw implications for clients
- Prepare high quality written and oral reports
The Associate is expected to be able to perform all methods of research, including desktop research, interviews and field investigation. The Associate is expected to maintain the highest level of integrity in conducting research. The role seeks a self-starter, motivated personality, excited to learn about different industries & companies in Southeast Asia.
Background and Experience Required:
- Strong academic background, preferably a degree in one of these fields from a top university – Business Studies, Economics, Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, or Security Studies
- Commercial experience, preferably gained in a research intensive environment
- Significant experience of living and working in Southeast Asian (ideally one or more of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam or Thailand)
- Aware of and understands relevant regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
- Able to understand business, economic and political drivers
- Discreet and able to handle sensitive information in confidence
- Resourceful and analytical with good common sense and sound business acumen
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and English languages
- Good computer skills including word processing and Excel
- Experience in writing effective reports and/or articles
- Internships and research in political environments
- Awareness of cultural sensitivities
- Fluency in additional language(s)
- The position may require extensive travel both nationally and internationally
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.