I have enjoyed the last seven years working at Duff & Phelps and previously Kinetic Partners for many reasons including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members that instinctively help each other. Helping a broad range of clients is particularly rewarding and the nature of the role means that I'm always learning and meeting new people.
Analyst, Compliance Consulting
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Communicator 8
- Organized 8
- Results-driven 7
- Detail-oriented 7
- Innovation 6
Having worked in a Big 4 and Global Investment bank previously, to me, working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. You have greater responsibility and ownership compared to a larger firm given our relatively flat structure and immense trust in our team members. But most importantly, whilst Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy Li Director, Regulatory Consulting, London
Explore our findings and navigate the regulatory and financial services developments taking place in 2018.
Duff & Phelps professionals are leaders within their respective fields and frequently publish materials and contribute to third party reports.
Offering great coverage for medical, dental, vision, and more
We encourage and aid in the continued education and development of our employees
Paid vacation, sick time and holidays/personal days
As a global firm, our benefits vary by Country
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of alternative investment client relationships to ensure they comply with their regulatory requirements
- Opportunity to develop MAS and other global regulatory knowledge and experience
- Drafting compliance manuals and other compliance documentation for clients
- Establishing and maintaining the compliance infrastructure for clients
- Undertaking periodic compliance monitoring reviews at client premises
- Writing compliance monitoring reports
- Managing regulatory reporting schedules
- Drafting and/or reviewing regulatory reports and returns
- Providing ad hoc regulatory advice and solutions
- Updating clients on regulatory change
- Assisting Duff & Phelps in updating compliance material to take account of Rule changes
- Client training opportunities
- Networking with industry professionals
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial services regulatory compliance role, e.g., within a regulator, a regulated firm or a consultancy
- Detailed understanding of MAS rules and regulations
- Good understanding of the financial services industry in particular the alternative asset management
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Client facing, solutions focused skills
- Clear, logical thought processes, ability to make decisions and articulate these clearly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Time management and ability to work under pressure
- Legal or audit background would be useful
- Possessed or pursuing relevant professional qualification including CFA or CAIA
- Business Development Manager II, Compliance Risk and Diligence London, England
- Director, Cyber Risk Milan, Lombardy
- Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk Secaucus, New Jersey
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Mexico City, Mexico City
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.