Analyst, Complex SecuritiesJob ID 19000166 San Francisco, California Apply now
In order to be considered for a
position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our Complex Securities service line works on a variety of challenging assignments in which assist our clients in valuing derivative instruments. Our team applies sophisticated mathematical models and innovative processes to design and evaluate complex financial instruments, drawing upon the latest developments in mathematics, computer science, and finance theory. Our clients gain understanding of complex issues and an ability to make decisions based on rigorous analysis rather than best guesses, resulting in an enhanced ability to achieve their goals.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Our Analysts value financial derivatives, complex corporate securities and analyzing equity/debt/commodities financial market data and history using time series analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, multivariate statistics, and other quantitative techniques
- Valuing financial derivatives and complex corporate securities using quantitative techniques such as time series analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, multivariate statistics.
- Developing, modifying, testing, optimizing and implementing derivatives valuation models and strategies
- Researching and developing consistent market risk measurements for derivatives and underlying securities
- Estimating probability distributions, volatilities and correlations
- Assisting senior consulting staff with statistical and analytic support to address complex financial structures
- Drafting reports with in-depth discussions on the thought process behind the value conclusions
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) program in financial engineering or quantitative finance
- Must be willing to start between January 2019 and September 2019
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills including the application of probabilistic analysis, time series analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, etc. and the ability to conceptualize
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong technical & professional knowledge
- Attention to detail, ability to manage time and workflow
- Focus on quality work
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.