Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 19002093 Reston, Virginia Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
The Associate Manager position will oversee a team of Asia (non-China) focused researchers, as well as manage multiple complex research assignments from start to finish. This expertise allows them to perform quality reviews on reports to ensure that the products produced by their team are accurate, complete and meet our high-quality standards.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Manage a team of researchers, providing oversight and direction in accordance with Kroll’s policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Monitor team’s quality to ensure team members meet Kroll’s expectations for productivity, quality, and performance.
- Directly supervise the team’s workflow and products, providing constructive feedback to develop the quality of their work.
- Manage multiple assignments from start to finish, conducting in-depth research using extensive Internet, database, and media research techniques. Analyze research findings, synthesize relevant information, and draft high-quality, objective reports. Effectively manage resources including subcontractors, ensuring protocols are followed and costs are monitored and accounted for accurately.
- Manage and maintain client relationships, and meet client needs in a timely and satisfactory way.
- Understand and comply with UK, European & US regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
- Professional knowledge of economic, political or related fields in Asia (non-China) is required
- Extremely strong English-language writing skills are required
- 1-2 years of experience supervising a team required
- Advanced capability or fluency in an Asian (non-Chinese) language is preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years of experience (including relevant internships) of researching and writing reports in English
- 1-2 years of experience managing client relationships preferred
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Law or other related areas of study required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
- Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback
- Customer-service orientation with a dedication to quality
- Availability to work a full-time schedule with the understanding that additional hours and weekend work may be required
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.