Intern, Valuation ServicesJob ID 19001740 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Services practice combines technical expertise, mastery of sophisticated valuation methodologies, industry knowledge, objectivity and independence to fulfill the most complex financial reporting and tax requirements of our clients. Our Analysts interact with the highest levels of a company – CFOs, CAOs, Treasurers, Controllers and Tax Directors. We are the largest independent provider of valuation services in the world, the recognized thought leader on valuation and cost of capital and advise regulatory bodies on valuation best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Services Interns work on a variety of assignments, including financial modeling
performed for acquisitions using discounted cash flow, market approach and
transaction approach analyses, reviewing equity and debt securities with hedge
funds and private equity funds, purchase price allocations, intellectual
property valuations, business unit and asset impairment valuations, intangible
asset valuations and stock option valuations for multiple industries.
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Perform in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Management (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Engineering (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) or MBA from an accredited college or university.
- Must graduate between December 2020 and August 2021
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Strong Excel & Microsoft Word skills
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage time and workflow & focus on quality work
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply
Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not
discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race,
religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, age or disability.