I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family.
Senior Associate, Transaction Advisory Services
New York, New York
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
Duff & Phelps advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
Duff & Phelps advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 20001454 New York, New York Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
To complement its existing Transaction Advisory Services offering, Duff & Phelps is continuing to grow its Transaction Structuring and Accounting practice. This team provides commercially focused accounting advice across the entire deal continuum, from transaction origination through to post deal optimization. This team designs optimal transaction structures, provides complex accounting advice and helps groups navigate change.
This team is in a ‘high growth’ phase and presents unmatched benefits and challenges:
- Working on high-profile global transactions
- Real opportunity for accelerated progression in an environment of meritocracy
- Opportunity to test your mental agility and ability
- Working in a collaborative and supportive team with support from experienced senior members of the team
- Client-facing work across every level in the team
- Global footprint for our engagements
- Key role in shaping and driving the growth of the team
- Flexible and performance-based reward structure that is based on a “one-firm” approach
We are seeking a high-calibre individual looking to build on their current technical knowledge and commercial experience to work on diverse and demanding transactions. This position will be based in our New York City office.
- Help identify efficient and effective solutions to technical accounting and transaction issues and deliver these solutions to our clients
- Work on a collaborative basis across our practice to support with the creation of relevant and insightful thought leadership through publications, external seminars and industry groups
- To build and maintain a network of key relationships both internally and externally
- Consistently deliver excellent client service
- Contribute on a proactive basis to the leadership and direction of our group by designing and executing specific components of our market strategy
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related discipline preferred
- CPA qualified (US CPA strongly preferred), gained in a top tier accounting firm and/or internationally recognized investment bank
- US GAAP technical accounting experience
- Key interest in M&A advisory; accounting and financial due diligence; purchase price allocations; advising on sale and purchase agreements; and M&A disputes
- Strong interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- High proficiency in the use Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Word. VBA and Tableau knowledge beneficial
- Ability to gain an understanding of the key drivers and objective for transactions, be it commercial, financial, regulatory or tax
- Ability to understand the problems and issues in achieving the required client outcomes and to be able to research the potential solutions autonomously and through consultation with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
Operating from more than 28 countries and 70 offices, Duff & Phelps helps clients realize business goals across M&A, restructuring, financing and other corporate transactions. At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.