Senior Associate, Disputes ConsultingJob ID 20000773 New York, New York Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Disputes practice provides industry and technical insights to win disputes related to contractual, fiduciary or related obligations and prepares expert analysis to help clients uderstand, prevent and manage fraud.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will
help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together
we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Assist companies in financial distress including pre-crisis situations, out-of-court workouts, and Chapter 11 reorganizations
- Prepare or analyze cash flow forecasts, business plans and financial models
- Analyze client business plans, debt capacity, competitive positioning and strategy, key-contracts and relationships, and regulatory considerations
- Apply business, economics, finance, accounting and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines
- Assist with liquidation and valuation analysis
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling for potential sale or merger
- Prepare complex cash flow projections to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions
- Preparation of and participation in management presentation and new business presentations
- Industry and business research
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- Minimum of 3 years experience at bulge bracket or reputable boutique or regional investment bank
- Minimum of 1 year restructuring/bankruptcy experience from an operational restructuring boutique and/or restructuring investment bank
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or an MBA
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and expertise within the field of restructuring
- Highly motivated with the ability to work a demanding schedule in an entrepreneurial environment
- Superior marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Excellent research abilities including familiarity with Bloomberg, Capital IQ etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.