Corporate Counsel IIJob ID 20001218 New York, New York Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ legal professionals are focused on enabling Duff & Phelps to do what it needs to do while protecting the firm as a key priority. We are collegial and informal but insist on excellence and loyalty above all else. Our environment is collaborative, professional and client service-oriented.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for an attorney to become a member of our legal group, with a focus on managing the company’s independent contractor/contingent workforce review process. This individual will report to the firm’s Deputy General Counsel and will spearhead a global team of legal and compliance professionals responsible for administration and execution of the global contingent workforce solution. Duff & Phelps seeks a motivated, independent collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build trusted relationships with business partners, provide commercially-oriented, practical legal advice in support of the business while leading the effort to mitigate risks associated with our contingent workforce and contractors around employment misclassification issues.
- Assist in the development and internally manage D&P’s global contingent workforce program
- Define firm’s contingent workforce strategy and educate stakeholders on its’ use and parameters
- Provide effective and accurate legal advice on employment-related legal matters, specifically related to employment classification
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all Firm employees and professional contacts
- Independently and effectively prioritize and successfully accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize experience and legal knowledge to analyze facts and situations for effective risk assessments
- Ability to respond effectively and promptly to direction/instruction from firm leadership and stakeholders
- Work in support of and conjunction with the Deputy General Counsel to manage and oversee outside counsel handling employment litigation matters related to contractors and employment misclassification matters
- Work closely with outside counsel to monitor country/local specific legislative developments on a global scale and anticipate and guard against legal risks involving the firm
- Provide cost benefit analysis when identifying associated risks
- Administer policies and procedures in support of business compliance with established processes relating to contingent workers and employment classification
- Create action plans and project manage with cross functional teams as needed
- Define operational standards, SLAs, KPI
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- J.D. and active Bar membership
- 5+ years employment legal experience, including extensive knowledge of contingent work arrangements, employee classification and contractor relationships
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage remote teams
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Bogotá, Bogota D.C.
- Analyst, Real Estate Advisory Group Los Angeles, California
- Intern, Transfer Pricing East Palo Alto, California
- Senior Software Engineer Hyderabad, Telangana