Analyst, Mergers & AcquisitionsJob ID 21000753 New York, New York Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Corporate Finance service line assists middle-market companies and is differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.
This experienced analyst will be focused in our Consumer M&A Practice, working on a variety of engagements. This Individual will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Gather and synthesize industry information from research sources including the Internet, trade publications, industry and equity analyst reports, and periodicals
- Perform financial analyses on client companies, including comparable transaction and public company analysis
- Use research and financial analysis to draft executive summaries, information memorandums and other marketing documents
- Research and develop potential buyer, investor, and other target lists
- Manage transaction logistics, including: Update web-based deal and contact management systems, develop weekly client status reports, administer electronic data rooms, presentation binding, and so forth.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management (with a concentration in Finance) or Economics from an Accredited University or College or a minimum of 1 year of direct M&A work experience (Consumer industry experience preferred but not required)
- Must currently possess FINRA Series 79 and 63 licenses
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of financial statement analysis, the M&A process, and company valuation techniques (discounted cash flow analysis, public company multiples, transaction multiples)
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Proven business research skills
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.