Director, RestructuringJob ID 19000009 New Delhi, India Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Restructuring practices’ aim is to provide effective solutions to its clients. Our clients include major high street banks, asset based lenders, private equity houses, accountants, solicitors, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors, corporates and individuals. We are tasked with assuming direct responsibility for a portfolio of cases, principally Administrations, Liquidations and CVAs as well as offering advice and guidance to organisations in distressed situations across virtually every industry and every situation.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Take a management role in the Restructuring team by assuming responsibility for the day to day operation of restructuring assignments in accordance with the CIRP and IBC Regulations, including:
- Manage statutory process and timelines
- Assist in overseeing companies subject to the CIRP
- Collation and review of resolution plans under the CIRP
- Stakeholder management
- Liaise and negotiate with potential resolution applicants in respect of the submission of resolution plans
- Internal practice management including staff and internal processes
- Provide reports to the Directors and Managing Directors where appropriate, delegating tasks as required to other members of the team and ensuring their timely completion
- Ensure all timescales are met and dealt with as appropriate
- Provide guidance, motivation, mentoring and assistance to the team, assisting them with their training and progression in Duff & Phelps and undertake appraisals and other actions as required
- Assume responsibility for client relations and liaise with clients, clients’ employees, agents and solicitors as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with other professionals, referring work where appropriate to those professionals and where possible funding referrals to banks and other lenders
- Promote the business and services of Duff & Phelps by hosting and attending marketing events and seminars and presentations by other professionals and clients
- Handle and respond, within acceptable timescales, to case related correspondence and telephone calls from stakeholders, clients and creditors
- Prepare accurate budgets for tenders for new work, manage time costs and billing accordingly
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of both Duff & Phelps and job holder
- Adhere to Duff & Phelps’s systems, policy requirements and relevant Health & Safety policy
- Be willing to travel internally
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- Engaging personality and strong team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Previously restructuring experience desirable but not essential
- Minimum 10 years’ financial/commercial experience in India - Big 4, investment banking or equivalent, with experience in audit, management accounting, valuation or M&A
- The ideal candidate will possess finance relation educational qualifications such as Chartered Accountant, Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Finance MBA
- Strong academic track record
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.