Senior Associate, Portfolio ValuationJob ID 20001619 Nashville, Tennessee Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
As a market leader in providing illiquid portfolio pricing valuation, our Portfolio Valuation professionals assist clients in the valuation of alternative investments, specifically for securities and positions for which there are no "active market" quotations available.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Senior Associates will provide a range of valuation advisory services specifically to private equity and hedge fund clients in assisting those clients with valuation issues surrounding their alternative investment positions. They will also provide a range of valuation advisory services to our clients; underlying portfolio companies including business enterprise valuations, purchase price allocations and stock option valuations.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Interviewing clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Working with management to build and maintain client relationships
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to management and writing engagement letters
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- Minimum 2 years of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, commodity contracts / forecasts, and other intangible asset models
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.