Senior Application Support EngineerJob ID 19000612 Mumbai, India Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
A true partner within the business, our IT team works globally as one cohesive unit comprised of collaborative professionals who take pride in support and customer service. Core areas include solutions delivery and application development, network operations, workforce services and information services/knowledge management.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Support of the D&P Commercial Application Stack hosted in AWS (predominant) and Azure Cloud environments, on-premise and 3rd Party Data Centre’s.
- Provide out of hours support as needed on an on-call basis
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and monitoring of the department’s Commercial Application suite.
- Assume responsibility for bug fix and small change requests on specified Commercial Applications. Additional development activities anticipated (NB: whilst development opportunities are anticipated once the team is established, this is NOT a development role)
- Ensure that the team follow company standards and industry best practice approaches to Development activities.
- Continuously evaluates the design, functionality and performance of supported Applications and makes thoughtful and significant recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure Transition and Support documentation is fit for purpose, to a high standard and kept up to date.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- 3 years + experience in an Application Support Environment
- Practical experience of transitioning Apps into a Production Support environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), organizational and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing Practices and AWS/ Azure terminology, technology and concepts
- Knowledge of ITIL ITSM best practices (i.e. Service Transition, Incident, Change and Problem Management) and ITSM toolsets.
- Knowledge of ITSM and Bug Management platforms (i.e. ServiceNow, Jira)
- Knowledge and experience in supporting large scale client facing applications and online platforms
- Knowledge of Windows Based Technologies, IIS, Windows Server
- Knowledge of .NET development toolsets, ASP.NET, .Net WEB API, C#, C++, and associated development toolsets (i.e. .Net Development Studio, Visual Studio).
- Experience of SQL Server / RDBMS, writing stored procedures, functions, SSIS and optimization of queries etc.
- Experience of Source Control and Release Management tool sets (i.e. TFS) and adherence to development standards.
- Experience of development using Agile / Scrum methodologies, testing best practice and documentation of development activities.
- Experience in creating support, development standards and associated documentation
- Experience of development using MVC architecture and Entity Frameworks an advantage
- Experience of Python an advantage
- Experience of programming / support Applications written in Java and Java IDE’s (i.e. Eclipse) an advantage
- Experience of AJAX an advantage
- Experience with multi-threading and distributed computing an advantage
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes preferred an advantage
- A technical troubleshooting and prioritization skills test will be part of the interview process.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.