Tax Manager IIJob ID 18000356 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Oversee and manage projects with a focus on developing and implementing cybersecurity programs for registered investment advisers. Duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
• Manage the US tax calendar and coordinate tax returns filings with external providers and/or other team members.
• Interact with company's external tax and accounting advisors regarding provision and compliance issues.
• Coordinate preparation and conduct technical legal review of all federal and state tax returns
• Assist in completing worldwide income tax provisions timely and accurately in accordance with FAS 109/ ASC 740
• Assist in tax account GL analysis, including current/deferred tax, property and sales tax accounts, with accounting team and subordinates
• Assist with federal and state tax audits effectively, utilizing necessary research tools
• Research multiple issues effectively in all areas of tax law, business operations, global economics and accounting
• Assist in developing and coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, departmental policies, procedures and processes to minimize global tax risks
• Bachelor’s Degree required; CPA, JD and/or Masters of Taxation degree a plus
• Minimum of 6-8 years tax experience with at least 2 years in public accounting
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with income tax provisions
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic tax research
• Willingness to participate in multiple areas of tax, including foreign country tax regimes
• Proven experience utilizing standard business (MS Office), tax (research and compliance) and accounting software applications
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience writing tax memoranda preferred
• Ability to work past standard business hours on-site
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.