Senior Tax SpecialistJob ID 20001396 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
We are currently seeking a Tax Senior Specialist to sit in our Morristown, NJ office, reporting to the Global head of Tax.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
The Tax Senior Specialist primary emphasis will be on Federal and State income tax law encompassing such areas as Federal and state tax research, audits, tax accounting, domestic and global legal entity acquisitions, restructuring and reorganization, and strategic planning. He/She will assist in preparing and reviewing tax returns, along with the required disclosures, using an external provider.
- Assist in developing and coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, departmental policies, procedures and processes to minimize global tax risks
- Coordinate preparation and conduct technical legal review of all federal, state, and foreign tax returns
- Assist in completing worldwide income tax provisions timely and accurately in accordance with FAS 109
- Assist in tax account GL analysis, including current/deferred tax, property and sales tax accounts, with accounting team and subordinates
- Research multiple issues effectively in all areas of tax law, business operations, global economics and accounting
- Assist with federal, state and foreign income tax audits effectively, utilizing necessary research tools
- Interact with company's external tax and accounting advisors regarding provision and compliance issues
- Bachelor’s Degree required; CPA, JD and/or Masters of Taxation degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years tax experience with at least 2 years in public accounting
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with income tax provisions
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic tax research
- Willingness to participate in multiple areas of tax, including foreign country tax regimes
- Proven experience utilizing standard business (MS Office), tax (research and compliance) and accounting software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience writing tax memoranda preferred
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you
must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.