Senior AccountantJob ID 21000411 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
We are looking for an accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. Additionally, the candidate must have experience in general accounting, technical accounting, accounting policy, and SEC reporting gained in a combination of public accounting and public company environments. We value committed, detail-oriented, and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative and mindful approach to their work.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
In this position you will assist in researching technical accounting topics, writing accounting position papers, developing accounting policies and procedures, and preparing disclosures for financial reporting requirements. You’ll work closely with the department Manager and interact with teams both in and outside of the Accounting organization, including Finance, Client Service Valuation Group, Business Development, Tax, Treasury, and Legal.
- Review new contracts/business transactions for accounting considerations and implications. Partner with department Manager and other internal constituencies to support these initiatives and provide technical accounting guidance to resolve issues.
- Assist in drafting footnote disclosures and preparing covenant calculations for quarterly and annual reporting obligations consistent with SEC and bank compliance reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of consolidated financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, Stockholders Equity and Cash Flows.
- Contribute towards updating current accounting policies and assist in creating new policies to serve as guidance and drive uniformity across the global accounting organization.
- Work closely with the external auditors to provide supporting documents related to financial reporting and technical accounting areas.
- Maintain record keeping and prepare journal entries for equity-based compensation awards.
- Collaborate with department Manager to present accounting matters to the Global Corporate Controller, Managing Director - Finance and/or CFO.
- BS Degree in Accounting (MBA in Accounting or Finance a plus).
- CPA required.
- Total experience of 5+ years. Professional services industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting compliance.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, productively collaborating with relevant teams as necessary to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work with cross-functional peers and other members of management.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to be a creative business partner in supporting rapid growth.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.