Intern, Sales and Use TaxJob ID 18000987 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
Duff & Phelps’ Sales and Use Tax practice currently provides a suite of services including tax advisory, controversy, recovery and compliance services.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients.
Duff & Phelps’ Sales and Use Tax Interns work with our Indirect Tax Team on a variety of state and local tax projects. Interns utilize a combination of strong research and writing skills with technical data analytics and problem solving.
• Conduct data analysis and workpaper preparation
• Assist with retrieval and organization of documentation to support ongoing sales and use tax audit controversy as well as other projects
• Research various tax technical matters and draft tax memorandums and/or matrices
• Collaborate and coordinate with team members
• Keep up to date with law changes
• Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax from an accredited university or college with an expected graduation date between June 2019 and August 2020
• Minimum GPA of 3.2
• Ability to travel to our office in Morristown, NJ multiple times a week
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Ability to master new tasks quickly, strong desire to learn and a natural intellectual curiosity
•Detail oriented, organized and able to work effectively as part of a larger team or individually
• Excellent communications skills with a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Business Development Manager II, Compliance Risk and Diligence London, England
- Director, Cyber Risk Milan, Lombardy
- Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk Secaucus, New Jersey
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Mexico City, Mexico City
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.