Senior Associate, Valuation ServicesJob ID 19002380 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ oil and gas group
delivers financial services and strategic advice for energy companies,
especially in the oil and gas sector. This
group provides on-site financial consulting services on financial, operational
and process related solutions to some of the largest energy companies
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Senior Associates in our oil and gas group work on a variety of assignments, including on-site consulting, optimizing financial accounting workflows and processes, providing industry research, business plan design, mergers and acquisitions, divestures, business models, company valuations, elaboration of commercial and client material, financial consulting, due diligence and other financial and consulting services to companies in the oil and gas sector. A successful candidate will:
- Have had significant exposure to the oil and gas and connected industries and be able providing sector insights and expertise to our clients from day one. This includes having an understanding of industry drivers, macroeconomic trends, strategic shifts in the industry, regulatory changes and financial aspects of the industry.
- Supervise the elaboration of financial reports such as budgets, financial planning documents, and other industry-related documents.
- Suggest, present and oversee implementations of solutions related to day-to-day financial, contractual and regulatory challenges our clients face.
- Supervise the elaboration of financial and strategic presentations on day to day topics for middle and top management of our clients as well as for our clients’ counterparties.
- Overseeing the creation of presentations such as sales support materials and proposals, client reports, deal marketing materials (teasers, information memorandum), amongst others.
- Manage valuation analysis, including determining appropriate valuation methodology and building financial models to present to internal managers and clients.
- Manage the creation of sophisticated financial models for different oil and gas market segments including exploration and production, midstream, infrastructure and oil and gas service industries
- Lead information gathering processes and analysis of vast amounts of information in a timely manner and provide condensed analysis to senior team members.
- Provide informed market insights on the industry and educate and mentor more junior team members on such topics to incorporate information in business and financial models.
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to management.
- Mentor junior staff on the industry and professional development.
- Balance priorities to clients and internal direct reports to ensure that expectations are met.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with a “think-outside-the-box” approach and in a multidisciplinary team including petroleum-related engineers.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar or Industrial or Petroleum Engineering with a strong interest in Finance, or MBA from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time employment experience in consulting and/or financial advisory or private equity related to the oil and gas sector. Applicants with technical and operational backgrounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships and mentoring and developing staff
- A strong desire to focus your professional career on the energy sector to become a trusted advisor to financial and technical experts alike.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment and willingness to immerse yourself in technical aspects of the oil and gas industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Knowledge in Portuguese is regarded as an asset.
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and
diversity, and recruits people based
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.