Senior AccountantJob ID 19001104 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
We are currently seeking a Sr Accountant for our Mexico City Office. This position is primarily responsible for processing detailed financial data to be used in various analyses and journal entries.
- Local taxes calculations and payments. Compliance with local IRS requirements.
- Posting and processing all AR, AP and GL transactions in both local and USGAAP-based corporate systems
- Prepare, review, issue invoices to clients in accordance with case managers’ instructions on a timely manner.
- Update billing file based on issued invoices, cancellations and of credit notes.
- Review, monitor and follow-up with case managers and clients on billing and aged AR balances. Prepare AR aging reports and monitor collections. Following collections with clients.
- Periodic review and analysis of case-based "Work in process (WIP)" activity extracted from the accounting system and follow-up and review with case managers
- Keep the physical billing and case files organized and secured.
- Identify bank deposits received in company’s bank accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to the general ledgers.
- Review required and supporting documents received for the opening of client cases.
- Open and update case files opened and close those that have concluded in accordance to established policies and procedures (SOP).
- Analyze intercompany balances, cash flow movements, and process related invoices (monthly activity).
- Prepare investment reports, monitor foreign currency exchange rates and analyze currency devaluations on employee expense reimbursements
- Prepare preliminary information for the external audit/reviews of 2 existing Mexican legal entities at the request of the external auditors, the IMSS, Infonavit, and other government regulatory institutions.
- Prepare preliminary information for federal, corporate and local taxes.
- Prepare/issue flash reports and information requested by Controller and/or the operations team as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a junior/staff accountant while working for a multinational company.
- Highly professional and flexible individual. A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- University degree in Accounting. Professional accountant certification in Mexico is preferred but not required.
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and accounting systems (Contpaq, and/or any other ERP).
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.