Intern, Valuation ServicesJob ID 20000273 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’
oil and gas group delivers financial services and strategic advice for energy
companies, especially in the oil and gas sector. This
group provides on-site financial consulting services on financial, operational
and process related solutions to some of the largest energy companies
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Interns in our fast-paced oil and gas group work on a variety of assignments, including on-site consulting, optimizing financial accounting workflows and processes, providing industry research, business plan design, mergers and acquisitions, divestures, business models, company valuations, elaboration of commercial and client material, financial consulting, due diligence and other financial and consulting services to companies in the oil and gas sector. The position requires a strong focus on quantitative and qualitative analysis, processing of industry related accounting and financial data, research abilities and financial modeling paired with natural curiosity of understanding the oil and gas sector and high tolerance for non-linear workstreams and tight deadlines. A successful candidate will:
- Aspire to become an expert in the oil and gas sector and connected industries, providing insights and expertise to our clients. This includes understanding principal industry drivers, macroeconomic trends, strategic shifts in the industry, regulatory changes and financial aspects of the industry.
- Help to analyze, create and follow up on periodic financial reports such as budgets, financial planning documents, and other industry-related documents.
- Suggest, present and implement solutions related to day-to-day financial, contractual and regulatory challenges our clients face.
- Assist with the creating presentations on day to day topics for middle and top management of our clients as well as for our clients’ counterparties.
- Collaborate with team to create and update presentations such as sales support materials and proposals, client reports and deal marketing materials
- Assist with valuation analysis, including determining appropriate valuation methodology and building financial models under the supervision of more experienced team members.
- Collaborate with the creation of financial models for different oil and gas market segments including exploration and production, midstream, infrastructure and oil and gas service industries
- Gather, process and analyze information in a timely manner, enabling team leaders to make sound recommendations to our clients.
- Assist with analyzing market and regulatory environment materials necessary to understand value, drivers, restrictions and other relevant aspects for business and financial models
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with a “think-outside-the-box” approach and in a multidisciplinary team including petroleum-related engineers.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar or Industrial or Petroleum Engineering with a strong interest in Finance.
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 86
- Strong desire to focus on the oil and gas industry and becoming the link between financial and technical experts in the field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment and willingness to immerse yourself in technical aspects of the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to conduct research, gather, organize and analyze data and information to support analytics and other consulting deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Knowledge in Portuguese is regarded as an asset.
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and
diversity, and recruits people based
- Application Support Engineer, Technology Mumbai, Maharashtra
- System Engineer, Technology Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Consultant, Quality Assurance Case Support Prime Clerk Brooklyn, New York
- Director Business Development, Heffler Claims Administration Manhattan, New York