Associate, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 19001077 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
We currently have opportunities for experienced researchers. The right candidate will have outstanding English reading and writing skills with advanced proficiency in reading comprehension in another language a plus, meticulous attention to detail, a sense of curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, and a dedication to client satisfaction.
The position conducts due diligence research investigations in support of client businesses, Legal and Compliance to detect potential money laundering, fraud, or other reputational risks. The position will service client regional businesses directly, as well as supporting other businesses globally which require investigations support in other regions when necessary.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
• Research and analysis of people, entities, financial transactions or events through public records, media, or other open source materials.
• As appropriate investigation may occasionally include outreach and interaction with law enforcement, regulators or other industry groups and associations.
• Evaluation of information and information sources for accuracy, reliability, credibility, and relevance in assessing risk.
• Creation of succinct narrative reports, presentations, and where needed link charts or similar diagrams to record investigative actions and findings.
• Proactive identification of new sources of information, and research tools and approaches, as needed
• Contribute to the maintenance of effective relationships between the program and local client businesses, the financial services industry, and other relevant law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
• Support of other teams or businesses requiring assistance or benefiting from the informational access or capabilities of this position.
• If needed/required, work with other investigators/analysts to support the production of global intelligence assessments, background investigations or incident analysis by providing inputs from a personal and/or regional perspective.
• Participation in internal working groups, strategic projects etc.
• Minimum of five (5) years research experience with focus in compliance industry / due diligence work. Experience in financial services sector and AML field preferable.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree - business major sought with evidence of continued professional or vocational learning.
• Demonstrated research and analysis experience - including use of commercial databases, internet and non-digitized sources and additional internal systems commonly used in the financial sector.
• Knowledgeable in the regional regulatory environment. Understanding of the international anti money laundering framework, including US legislation and regulations, and related policies, strategy and infrastructure. Prior government or regulatory experiences a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English language essential. Fully fluent in second language a plus - e.g. Russian, French, German, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of data mining tools e.g. i2 analyst's notebook an advantage.
• Broad professional experience, including prior work travel or experience working as part of a global dispersed team an advantage.
• Demonstrated self-starter and resourceful individual, with experience of operating in fast paced and dynamic operational settings.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.