Analyst, Valuation ServicesJob ID 19002326 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’
oil and gas group delivers financial services and strategic advice for energy
companies, especially in the oil and gas sector. This
group provides on-site financial consulting services on financial, operational
and process related solutions to some of the largest energy companies
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Analysts in our fast-paced oil and gas group work on a variety of assignments, including on-site consulting, optimizing financial accounting workflows and processes, providing industry research, business plan design, mergers and acquisitions, divestures, business models, company valuations, elaboration of commercial and client material, financial consulting, due diligence and other financial and consulting services to companies in the oil and gas sector. The position requires a strong focus on quantitative and qualitative analysis, processing of industry related accounting and financial data, research abilities and financial modeling paired with natural curiosity of understanding the oil and gas sector and high tolerance for non-linear workstreams and tight deadlines. This role can also involve extensive client interaction. A successful candidate will:
- Aspire to become an expert in the oil and gas sector and connected industries, providing insights and expertise to our clients. This includes understanding principal industry drivers, macroeconomic trends, strategic shifts in the industry, regulatory changes and financial aspects of the industry.
- Analyze, create and follow up on periodic financial reports such as budgets, financial planning documents, and other industry-related documents.
- Suggest, present and implement solutions related to day-to-day financial, contractual and regulatory challenges our clients face.
- Create presentations on day to day topics for middle and top management of our clients as well as for our clients’ counterparties.
- Create and update presentations such as sales support materials and proposals, client reports, deal marketing materials (teasers, information memorandum), amongst others.
- Conduct valuation analysis, including determining appropriate valuation methodology and building financial models under the supervision of more experienced team members.
- Support the creation of sophisticated financial models for different oil and gas market segments including exploration and production, midstream, infrastructure and oil and gas service industries
- Gather, process and analyze vast amounts of information in a timely manner, enabling team leaders to make sound recommendations to our clients.
- Analyze market and regulatory environment materials necessary to understand value, drivers, restrictions and other relevant aspects for business and financial models
- Attend client meetings, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information key to the project such as financial parameters, operational details, existing client relationships, regulatory aspects, etc.
- Balance priorities and interactions with internal and external clients to ensure that expectations are met within the applicable policies and technical and professional limits.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with a “think-outside-the-box” approach and in a multidisciplinary team including petroleum-related engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar or Industrial or Petroleum Engineering with a strong interest in Finance.
- Maximum of 6 months of full-time employment experience. Internships in finance or energy-related roles are seen positively.
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 86
- Strong desire to focus on the oil and gas industry and becoming the link between financial and technical experts in the field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment and willingness to immerse yourself in technical aspects of the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to conduct research, gather, organize and analyze data and information to support analytics and other consulting deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Knowledge in Portuguese is regarded as an asset.
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in the oil and gas, energy, or infrastructure sectors is regarded as an asset.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and
diversity, and recruits people based
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.