Junior Intern, Corporate FinanceJob ID 21000022 Los Angeles, California Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Corporate Finance practice assists middle-market companies and is differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Interns will act as Investment Banking (IB) generalists, working as a part of our Global Corporate Finance team on a variety of engagements. Individuals will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit.
- Work directly with client senior management teams, board members and stakeholders throughout all phases of transaction advisory and execution, in both healthy and distressed situations
- Prepare financial models and analytical support for M&A, restructuring & special situations, and transaction opinion deal teams
- Draft situation analyses, pitch materials, information memoranda, management presentations and term sheets in support of M&A assignments
- Perform company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence
- Contribute to the development and communication of proposals and advice to current and prospective clients
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by having strong attention to detail
- Maintain open lines of communication between deal team and potential M&A buyers/sellers, including maintaining the data room and coordinating management meetings
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Expected graduation date before August 2023
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A critical, detail-oriented thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze companies and financial information and master new tasks quickly
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and on weekends
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- FINRA Series 79, 63 & 7 certification (either current or able to obtain)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.