Vice President, Transaction Advisory Services
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
"I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family."Don Levy Director, M&A Transaction Advisory Services, New York
Duff & Phelps advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
Duff & Phelps advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 19001428 London, United Kingdom
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organisation, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice provides seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximise value for our clients. Join us and together we will maximise the value of your career.
This position with open on 06 Aug 2019 and will close on 04 Sep 2019.
Background and objectives
Operating from more than 28 countries and 70 offices, Duff & Phelps helps clients realise business goals across M&A, restructuring, financing and other corporate transactions. Complementing its existing Global TAS practice and focused on rapid market share gain, Duff & Phelps is in the process of expanding the team in London and is offering the rare opportunity to join a team that is in ‘high growth’ with unmatched benefits and challenges:
- Key role in shaping and driving the growth of the Duff & Phelps TAS business in the UK, Europe and Global markets;
- High levels of responsibility and autonomy;
- Work-winning, client development and execution opportunities based on an issues-lead approach across a range of sectors - variety and stretch;
- Opportunities to work alongside colleagues on multi-disciplinary projects as part of a collegiate and entrepreneurial group;
- Flexible and performance-based reward structure that is based on a “one-firm” approach and not constrained by territorial/personal boundaries; and
- Real opportunity for accelerated progression
We are seeking a high calibre individual looking to build on their current transaction advisory and commercial experience to lead a number of diverse and demanding transactions.
Through the appropriate use of commercially focused technical accounting advice and related Company Law; you will gain a deep understanding of our client’s objectives and advise on corporate transactions.
This position will open on 06 Aug 2019 and will close on 04 Sep 2019.
- Contribute on a proactive basis to the leadership of our group by designing and executing specific components of our market strategy
- Identify efficient and effective solutions to technical accounting and transaction issues and deliver these solutions to our clients
- Work on a collaborative basis across our practice to create relevant and insightful thought leadership through publications, external seminars and industry groups
- Build and maintain a network of key relationships amongst executive management at our key clients; consistently delivering excellent client service
- Significant involvement in buy /sell-side and lender
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Economics, Finance or an MBA
- Chartered Accountant
- CFA level I preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related accounting or finance work experience gained in a top tier consulting firm and/or internationally recognised investment bank
- Proven experience in M&A advisory, accounting and financial due diligence, purchase accounting, and advising on sale and purchase agreements and purchase price disputes
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word and Excel
- Experience of working with or for a Private Equity House or Investment Bank or evidence of an existing network of client contacts across the industry
To be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.