Vice President, Transaction Advisory Services (Strategy & CDD)
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
"I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family."Don Levy Director, M&A Transaction Advisory Services, New York
Duff & Phelps advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
Duff & Phelps advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 20000563 London, United Kingdom
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organisation, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice provides seamless analytical advice through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximise value for our clients. Join us and together we will maximise the value of your career.
Background and objectives
Operating from more than 28 countries and 70 offices, Duff & Phelps helps clients realise business goals across M&A, restructuring, financing and other corporate transactions. We have an established, and truly global, TAS practice, that has multidisciplinary capabilities across financial, tax, operations and IT / cyber due diligence.
Duff & Phelps is rapidly growing market share, to become a major challenger to the traditional Big 4 accounting firms, at a time of unprecedented regulatory and market upheaval.
We are now investing to grow a Strategy & Commercial Diligence capability, initially based out of London, to complement our broader TAS capabilities. This is a rare opportunity to join – and make your own mark in – a team in its ‘high growth’ phase, with unmatched benefits and challenges:
- Key role in shaping and driving the growth of the Duff & Phelps TAS business in the UK, Europe and Global markets;
- High levels of responsibility and autonomy;
- Work-winning, client development and execution opportunities based on an issues-led approach across a range of sectors - variety and stretch;
- Opportunities to work alongside colleagues on multi-disciplinary projects as part of a collegiate and entrepreneurial group;
- Flexible and performance-based reward structure that is based on a “one-firm” approach and not constrained by territorial/personal boundaries; and
- Real opportunity for accelerated progression
- Work seamlessly with the Managing Director(s) and Directors to position Duff & Phelps on all relevant private equity and selected corporate transaction deal flows;
- Support with the identification of new business opportunities and develop long-term business relationships;
- Develop strategic insights on assets and sectors, and take these to market with colleagues;
- Manage the execution of strategy and commercial due diligence engagements: defining an appropriate scope, leading and coaching team members, and drafting a robust, well-structured report
- Work closely with the broader Duff & Phelps team to ensure the application of sound project management principles and quality assurance at all stages and phases of projects;
- Manage key project metrics;
- Understand the capabilities of our wider firm and identify opportunities to cross-sell additional services to our clients; and
- Play an active role in people initiatives, including recruiting, developing and retaining staff
- Ambitious, disciplined self-starter, ideally with some experience in business development;
- Track record in successfully leading and delivering on a breadth of commercial due diligence engagements, and / or deep strategy experience within a sector, possibly acquired through a corporate strategy role;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and client relationships skills;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- European language skills very much valued; and
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
We value the ability to operate with flexibility and autonomy whilst being part of a tight-knit, collaborative team who have fun working hard. We don’t support a parochial, “eat-what-you-kill” culture and are looking for strong team players who will absolutely buy-in to the longer-term strategic ambitions of the wider business.
To be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, please apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
- Vice President, Business Development, Cyber Risk Nashville, Tennessee
- Service Desk Analyst Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist Secaucus, New Jersey
- Director, Restructuring Birmingham, England