I have enjoyed the last seven years working at Duff & Phelps and previously Kinetic Partners for many reasons including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members that instinctively help each other. Helping a broad range of clients is particularly rewarding and the nature of the role means that I'm always learning and meeting new people.
Vice President, Tax Consulting
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Communicator 8
- Organized 8
- Results-driven 7
- Detail-oriented 7
- Innovation 6
Having worked in a Big 4 and Global Investment bank previously, to me, working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. You have greater responsibility and ownership compared to a larger firm given our relatively flat structure and immense trust in our team members. But most importantly, whilst Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy Li Director, Regulatory Consulting, London
Explore our findings and navigate the regulatory and financial services developments taking place in 2018.
Duff & Phelps professionals are leaders within their respective fields and frequently publish materials and contribute to third party reports.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 19002238 London, United Kingdom
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Tax consulting practice provides expert tax advice to our clients through a diverse range of offerings including ,structuring and restructuring global asset managers and their investment platforms; buy side and sell side tax due diligence and project based transactional tax advice; international corporate M&A structuring; and guiding UK individuals on HMRC disclosure facilities, through to assisting expats and general compliance matters.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
• Act as the primary point of contact within the practice for clients, responding to queries, anticipating requests, and maintaining regular contact with clients
• Manage a portfolio of clients providing tax compliance and advisory services to clients within the investment management industry
• Undertake highly technical advisory projects under partner supervision
• Be responsible for coaching, mentoring and counselling junior staff
• Develop a professional network proactively seeking and identifying new business opportunities
• Support senior members of the team to further develop tax products and services for clients
• Work as part of a collaborative team adding to the team spirit
• Minimum 2:1 degree or international equivalent
• Qualified accountant (ACA) and or CTA qualified preferred
• Strong understanding of double tax agreements, BEPS and ATAD implications
• 3 to 5 years PQE
• Proven current expertise in UK and international tax matters and project management skills
• Specific experience in partnership and corporate tax compliance essential to review work of junior members of the team.
• Knowledge of the investment management industry beneficial and/or owner managed businesses with interest in the investment management industry, particularly with regards RFS, DIMF, transfer pricing and CRS/FATCA
• A strong work ethic and focus on personal excellence and team working
• Must be able to work productively in a high-pressure environment and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate tax technical issues with clients as well as being able to write technical written reports in plain and clear language
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to more junior team members and review their work
• Must be able to manage several simultaneous work streams.
order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally
apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.