I have enjoyed the last seven years working at Duff & Phelps and previously Kinetic Partners for many reasons including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members that instinctively help each other. Helping a broad range of clients is particularly rewarding and the nature of the role means that I'm always learning and meeting new people.
Vice President, Tax Consulting
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Communicator 8
- Organized 8
- Results-driven 7
- Detail-oriented 7
- Innovation 6
Having worked in a Big 4 and Global Investment bank previously, to me, working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. You have greater responsibility and ownership compared to a larger firm given our relatively flat structure and immense trust in our team members. But most importantly, whilst Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy Li Director, Regulatory Consulting, London
Explore our findings and navigate the regulatory and financial services developments taking place in 2018.
Duff & Phelps professionals are leaders within their respective fields and frequently publish materials and contribute to third party reports.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by Country
DescriptionJob ID 19000545 London, United Kingdom
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ tax advisory practice provides expert tax advice to our clients through a diverse range of offerings including structuring and restructuring global asset managers, guiding UK individuals on HMRC disclosure facilities, through to assisting expats and general compliance matters.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Provide a range of inbound and outbound tax services, helping multinational companies align their tax strategies to their business
- Provide successful international tax structuring and planning
- Provide advice on international tax issues, including earnings repatriation, tax credit planning, cross-border mergers, financing, intangibles planning and worldwide tax management strategies
- Provide companies real-time access to foreign country tax intelligence
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Ideally legally qualified, but would consider non-lawyer provided they are familiar with the construct of legal documents (especially financing documents)
- Strong intellect and statutory interpretation skills
- CTA / Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) an advantage
- Good understanding of the structure of hedge and private equity funds. Ideally has advised (or understands the advice required for) the manager, the fund, investment mandates and fund trading activities
- Good working knowledge of the international tax environment (DTAs / BEPS / ATAD) and recent response to anti-avoidance arrangements
- General knowledge of the broad domestic tax rules in critical EU jurisdictions (Luxembourg, Netherlands) plus US ECI and trade or business rules
- Excellent commercial and general debt and equity market awareness
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Independent thinker
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Analyst, Valuation Services East Palo Alto, California
- Analyst, Portfolio Valuation Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Database Developer, Complex Asset Solutions Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Consultant, Portfolio Valuation Bengaluru, Karnataka
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.