Senior Director, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19000561 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Kroll’s EMEA General Investigations practice is headquartered in London. The group is a unique mix of experienced commercial investigators from a wide range of different backgrounds.
The General Investigations practice are a growing and successful team of investigations specialists. They find evidence to help their clients solve problems, often through litigation or law enforcement. They contribute to fraud, corruption and asset recovery project teams, alongside other Kroll teams, and additionally specialize in investigating crime more broadly with a particular focus on internet, open source and field investigation techniques. Identifying anonymous persons on the internet, or the controlling mind behind illicit trade, market manipulations, or online defamation campaigns, are common themes of the work the team does. The team fully embraces the use of technology in investigations, such as computer forensics or internet mining tools, whilst always being mindful of the importance of logic and old-fashioned investigation methodologies, such as interviews.
A Senior Director who is fully embedded at that level would be expected to lead large projects with a number of different workstream managers reporting in to them, and find effective solutions for clients. Typically they will also be managing a number of smaller cases, or supervising others doing so. Risk management -- operationally, commercially, and reputationally – is an important part of the role, in concert with the Managing Directors and company legal advisors. The role has business development responsibilities in terms of developing new clients, converting opportunities and also in terms of innovating new service lines. A Senior Director will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of the practice and continuing its strong team work ethic.
Whilst support will be offered to a new joiner to become more familiar with the range of services currently being offered, and the proprietary collection of tools and methodologies, it will be expected that they are able to follow the logic of an investigation rigorously and identify where evidence may lie that can help to solve the problem, whether they need others expertise to retrieve that evidence or not. Experience of having their work tested in court would be an advantage.
- Responsibility for effectively running a case (or work streams of large cases), from start to finish, from triaging the problem with the client, structuring the engagement, managing resources, and finding a solution
- Responsibility for managing the commercial side of the cases they work on successfully
- Responsibility for practice growth and developing internal and external clients
- Sound risk judgement and communication
- Effective client management
- Ability to manage complex investigations and manage complications as they arise with the right level of coordination with Managing Directors
- Experience of working in an investigative organization, or in-house investigation team
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and creative mind
- Understanding of common frauds and cyber crimes
- High level of organisational ability, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of internet and social media architecture
- Presentation and client relationship skills
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing competing demands
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong understanding of project financials and financial management
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Intellectually curious and adept at navigating ambiguity
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills
- Must be able to travel to perform investigations in both urban and non-urban environments.
- The position will require regular international travel.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.