Senior Associate, Valuation ServicesJob ID 19000463 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Advisory Services (“VAS”) group prepares objective valuations and financial analysis for financial reporting, tax, litigation, transaction, and management planning purposes.
Duff & Phelps London office has grown significantly within the last 5 years expanding service lines and industry specializations. To continue this growth, we are looking for a motivated Senior Associate (“SA”) who can join the VAS group and support our growth within the natural resource and industrials industries. The candidate would work closely with a Director in the VAS group.
The SA would gain exposure to a variety of VAS and related service offerings to primarily natural resource clients including corporates, financial sponsors, and intermediaries (such as law firms). The candidate would also gain significant experience to our advisory group performing financial analysis to support restructurings, administrations and similar mandates. The SA would be expected to perform analysis to complete valuation assignments, work with other analysts in the VAS team, research to support new business initiatives, and communicate results to clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience or an interest in the natural resource industry and have prior financial analysis experience from consulting, corporate, audit, or banking background.
Finally, the SA will work in a smaller team within the wider VAS group and will need to be self-starter with strong communication skills and the ability to learn complex concepts quickly in order to work with the Director and Managing Directors of the group. This position has the opportunity to grow and gain exposure to many different groups and offices within Duff & Phelps by working on cross border and team engagements.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Researching target industries, market and competitor information
- Valuing businesses, assets, liabilities, and structured securities
- Reading and reviewing source documentation to support valuations including primary legal documents
- Interviewing clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Working with management to build and maintain client relationships
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to management and writing engagement letters
- Work with other analysts to review their work
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- Between 1-5 years of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, stock option, and intangible asset models
- A general background of legal concepts critical to business and finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and PowerPoint
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.