I enjoy working here for many reasons, including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members who instinctively help each other.
Senior Associate, Business Services (Accounting & Tax - ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
Working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. While Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness, and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy LiDirector, Regulatory Consulting, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 20001356 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
You will be preparing accounts for FCA authorised investment management and financial services clients. This is a client facing accounting role within the Compliance and Regulatory Consulting division of Duff & Phelps.
- Management accounts production
- Statutory accounts production
- Accruals, prepayments, fixed assets & revaluations
- Financial control to ensure ledgers are complete and correct
- VAT return preparation
- Monthly payroll preparation
- Companies house filings
- Setting clear client expectations
- Managing deadlines and information requests
- Explaining financial information to clients and answering queries
- Contributing to process speed and efficiency
- Experience producing management accounts (financial services businesses preferential)
- An accountant qualification that is ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience working in a finance department or accounting practice
- A 2:1 or equivalent degree
- Experience in producing monthly payroll reports and liaising with HMRC
- The ability to manage stakeholders
- The skills to produce clear structured communication
- Knowledge of the investment management industry
- Experience working in a professional services environment
- Experience working with LLPs
- Experience with cloud accounting systems (Xero is preferential)
- Experience dealing with independent auditors
- Knowledge of FRS102 accounting standards
- Knowledge of PAYE and financial services VAT
- Knowledge of basic company law and company secretarial requirements
- A high-level understanding of the FCA regulatory regime
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence São Paulo, São Paulo
- Associate Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations Zurich, Canton of Zurich
- Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk Secaucus, New Jersey
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District