Managing Director, RestructuringJob ID 20000694 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
As a Managing Director within our Restructuring practice you will act as a direct contact with current and prospective clients, meeting with clients to gather data and information pertinent to an engagement. With a high level of commercial acumen and a deep understanding of corporate failure and awareness of potential solutions you will provide the team with insight and expertise on targeted industries and market information whilst communicating potential opportunities to management.
You have the ability to determine potential selling opportunities through industry targeting exercises, research and analytical skills coupled with an awareness of the full cycle of project management from budgeting to cash collection. You will gather, verify and analyze client information formulating views and conclusions, identifying key issues and providing workable solutions. As a Managing Director you will take responsibility for key assignments and the management of team in order to drive progress to the desired result. You understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for capabilities to sell additional services to our clients. You will act as a role model by leading junior members of the team, coaching and developing their skills when required. You will participate in the preparation of deliverables including proposals and reports whilst assisting in presentations and discussions with clients.
You have strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with exceptional verbal and written communication skills which are centered around a customer mindset. With experience gained in both restructuring and advisory work you have a high level of commercial acumen and a deep understanding of corporate failure and awareness of the potential solutions available. You have leadership experience in the areas of managing and developing client relationships and in the areas of developing and mentoring staff. You seek feedback on your own performance in order to drive your own development, whilst thriving under pressure. You have the ability to develop internal and external networks through personal contacts and being both proactive in attending and suggesting marketing opportunities.
- Assist companies in financial distress including turnarounds, non-formal and formal restructurings
- Ability to market services both to external clients and internal partners, develop client networks, and support efforts in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies
- Communicates regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by having a strong attention to detail
- Mentor and develop staff - Managers and Directors
- Individuals will be assigned a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit
- Opportunity exists for the right candidate to have national and international role
- Restructuring experience in international accountancy practice, restructuring boutique or similar organization
- JIEB Qualified with good mathematical/problem solving skills
- Strong business development skills and history of successful fee generation
- Demonstrated experience with managing of day to day aspects of client relationships and projects
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in matrixed organizations
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and expertise within the field of restructuring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Bogotá, Bogota D.C.
- Analyst, Real Estate Advisory Group Los Angeles, California
- Intern, Transfer Pricing East Palo Alto, California
- Senior Software Engineer Hyderabad, Telangana