Manager II, RestructuringJob ID 19000717 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our Corporate Structure Simplification (“CSS”) team in London is looking to recruit to support its continued growth and development. The team is focused on the following engagements:
- Solvent liquidations;
Managed wind downs;
Legal Entity Rationalisation projects – global and UK centric
Schemes of reconstruction;
We work with all types of clients including corporates, lawyers, corporate service providers, private equity houses and high net worth individuals. Our engagements can have a cross border angle and involve other service lines within D&P
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career
- Large portfolio of CSS engagements -proactively ensure all cases are progressed in a timely manner, overseeing case team members’ work and taking control of tasks where required;
- Identify and discuss with senior staff key issues and obstacles as they arise, suggesting solutions to overcome and progress matters, and provide regular updates to senior staff;
- Accountable for ensuring cases are compliant with statutory requirements and internal review procedures;
- Undertake analysis of statutory accounts management information and other commercial documentation
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining stakeholder relationships, including internally, and liaising with clients and their advisors
- Supporting the growth and development of the CSS business through following up and capitalising on leads and opportunities independently or with senior members of staff, and owning targeting and research initiatives
- Provide supervision of/delegate work to junior staff and assist juniors with queries;
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements (ie, staffing, budgets, recovery rates, highlighting issues at an early stage)
- Provide guidance, motivation, mentoring and assistance to junior members of the team, assisting them with their training and progression in Duff & Phelps and undertake appraisals and other actions as required;
- Assist in the preparation of tenders for new work liaising with other offices and service lines as appropriate;
- Understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for opportunities to bring in other specialists to engagements as appropriate
- Promote the business and services of Duff & Phelps by hosting and attending marketing events and seminars and presentations by other professionals and clients;
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of both Duff & Phelps’ assignments and your own duties;
- Adhere to Duff & Phelps’s systems, policy requirements and relevant Health & Safety policy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Engaging personality;
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity and manage conflict / challenging situations;
- Ability to own a network of contacts with work providers, or will appreciate how to build one;
- Strong team player;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Previous experience of working within a Restructuring environment and delivering engagements similar to those highlighted above
- Qualified ACA / ACCA and ideally CPI / JIEB.
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via https://careers.duffandphelps.jobs/
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Analyst, Valuation Services East Palo Alto, California
- Analyst, Portfolio Valuation Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Database Developer, Complex Asset Solutions Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Consultant, Portfolio Valuation Bengaluru, Karnataka
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.