General Ledger SpecialistJob ID 20000353 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Actively participate in the overall close (monthly, quarterly and annual) process, including journal entry preparation, data analysis and account reconciliations
- Areas of initial focus: Cash, Other Asset & Liability accounts
- Assist with external audit
- Monthly variance analysis and follow-up
- Perform other related duties
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience, preferably in a services company environment
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Accountancy certification, ACA/ACCA, AAT, or currently in pursuit of an accountancy certification, preferred
- Previous experience using Lawson would be highly beneficial
- Ability to multi-task, particularly during the monthly close process
- Understanding of financial systems and the ability to extract data from those systems
- Someone with a logical and numerate mind, analytical skills, possessing attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, with ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Sufficiently motivated to be able to take ownership and plan / deliver their work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.