Corporate Counsel IIJob ID 20000947 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Provide commercial legal advice and support to all of Kroll’s business lines in the EMEA region, with occasional support provided to the APAC region
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, in particular client NDAs, LoEs and MSAs
- Carry out legal research in relation to new or newly applicable legislation and on more specific points of law as required
- Review and update precedent agreements in line with changes in local law or as necessary for changes in the business
- Help draft policy and process documents, for example in relation to the implementation of Kroll’s GDPR compliance programme
- Assist with GDPR Subject Access Requests as required
- Dealing with other legal-related and quasi legal matters as required across the Kroll group.
- An awareness of information management principles and familiarity with information systems and archives;
- GDPR: sound knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to write with precision and clarity.
- Hardworking, with the ability to work well under pressure and to focus for long periods of time whilst continuing to work in an orderly and organised manner.
- Previous experience gained within in a reputable international professional services firm preferably within an in-house legal role.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word and excel.
- Professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Professional approach and strong team work ethic.
- Ability to communicate to employees across the organisation with impact.
- Ability to research and answer complex legal questions effectively and accurately.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Senior User Experience, Design Manager Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Service Management Specialist (Project Portfolio Management) Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Intern, Cyber Risk Los Angeles, California
- Analyst II, Restruction London, England