Business Development Manager II, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 19000404 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
An opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic, focused, and successful team bringing a suite of best-in-class services and solutions to our European client base.
Working with and reporting to the regional Business Development Director this is a key role in the Kroll Compliance, Risk & Diligence (CRD) EMEA team.
Acquire new client relationships and support the Business Development Director with managing newly acquired clients (6-24 months) as part of regional team objectives and drive new revenue in key territories in the EMEA region of Kroll CRD. This position will work within the CRD division in EMEA to drive/lead complex, multi-year sales opportunities focusing across the Corporate (MNC) and Finance sectors to sell the Compliance solutions in key territories in the EMEA region. Responsible for driving revenue from new clients as well as from existing key accounts in the region.
- A key aspect of this role is to collaborate with the Business Development Director and other members of the Business Development and Operations teams in support of the existing, strategic accounts for the region while independently pursuing both inbound enquiries and proactive engagement with new allocated relationships.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets.
- Contribute to the development of plans, with Business Development Director, which identify sales strategies, assess revenue potential, and outline targeted activities to maximize revenue opportunities and penetrate markets with Risk Solutions products and solutions for AML/Compliance.
- Active support of regional marketing events attended and / or organized by Kroll CRD to drive new business and maintain close working relations with key accounts.
- Where required, create and implement effective account plans that include: developing and implementing a sales strategy considering new business growth; managing all resources necessary to drive new business; forecasting revenue; developing key contacts and business relationships within prospects. Demonstrate leadership by collaboratively engaging Kroll’s senior management team to lend support to business development objectives with influential individuals and high-level decision makers in the client base.
- Cold call to secure appointments, gather information on customer needs, position and prove out Kroll CRD’s products to solve customer business issues; manage client expectations, overcome objections, and with Business Development Director, negotiate pricing and contracts, and close the sale.
- Develop research analysis techniques to determine customer prospects where Kroll CRD can meet specific business needs; contact prospects and determine the business needs and decision makers to penetrate new business relationships.
- Provide timely and proactive input to ongoing development of account plans to assess opportunities, threats and weaknesses.
- Clearly demonstrate an understanding of Kroll CRD products, pricing, administrative procedures, and organization to effectively answer clients’ questions or implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a current understanding of competitors’ offerings and effectively sell the advantages of Kroll CRD offerings over those offered by competitors.
- Work closely in a team environment including research colleagues, technical and sales support to gain proficiency in presenting and proposing the whole range of Kroll CRD solutions, while managing client expectations.
- Use Salesforce to manage client communication, sales pipeline, and prioritize leads to effective closing.
- BS/BA or equivalent in Business or Marketing or relevant commercial experience
- While prior sales experience is not a fundamental requirement it is preferred. Where prior sales experience can be demonstrated it will be in a B2B environment, ideally in the Compliance industry or where professional services have formed the focus of the transaction.
- Written and spoken proficiency in other European languages such as Spanish, French and Italian would be of interest, although the priority is to identify the candidate with the appropriate business development mindset.
- Skills required include strong written and verbal communication, a consultative / advisory approach, as well an ability to prioritise tasks through strong organizational and time management.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.