Analyst, Financial Instruments and TechnologyJob ID 20000847 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our VAS Financial Instruments and Technology team work on a variety of challenging assignments by which we improve our clients' ability to identify value, control, diversify, mitigate, and/or exploit risk. The team values complex assets, structured transactions, hybrid products, derivatives and real options across the fixed income, commodity and equity space. It builds sophisticated risk analytics to address market, credit and operational risks. VAS FIT consults clients on asset specific and macro hedging options and helps develop tools and reporting to mitigate balance sheet and income statement volatility.
Our clients gain understanding of complex issues and an ability to make decisions based on rigorous analysis and industry best practices. VAS FIT hires personnel with high technical expertise and pragmatic problem solving capabilities.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Valuation of financial derivatives, structured products across the fixed income and commodity space.
- Analyze equity/debt/commodities financial market data and history using time series analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, multivariate statistics, and other quantitative techniques.
- Develop, modify, test, optimize and implement derivatives valuation models and strategies.
- Research and develop consistent market risk measurements for derivatives and underlying securities.
- Develop risk analytic models for market, credit, cashflow, liquidity, and operational risk for liquid assets such as stocks, bonds and credit including structured credit, and derivatives, as well as for illiquid assets such as private equity, real estate and infrastructure.
- Calibration of models and estimation of parameters from market-implied and historical data.
- Assist with development of technical reports, client focused marketing materials and presentations.
- Assist with periodic valuation and risk advisory tasks and processes.
- Masters or PhD in Finance or a quantitative discipline. Knowledge of finance, mathematics and statistics as it applies to the financial markets from an accredited college or university.
- Programming familiarity, e.g. C++/VBA/Python, R and Matlab.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 0-5 years of experience within the valuation, structuring, risk management space.
- Effective interpersonal, comprehension and communication skills.
- Ability to master new tasks quickly.
- Able to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment. Team player.
- Strong personal integrity.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing requirements in a team environment
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Senior User Experience, Design Manager Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Service Management Specialist (Project Portfolio Management) Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Intern, Cyber Risk Los Angeles, California
- Analyst II, Restruction London, England