I have enjoyed the last seven years working at Duff & Phelps and previously Kinetic Partners for many reasons including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members that instinctively help each other. Helping a broad range of clients is particularly rewarding and the nature of the role means that I'm always learning and meeting new people.
Analyst, Compliance Consulting
London, United Kingdom
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Communicator 8
- Organized 8
- Results-driven 7
- Detail-oriented 7
- Innovation 6
Having worked in a Big 4 and Global Investment bank previously, to me, working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. You have greater responsibility and ownership compared to a larger firm given our relatively flat structure and immense trust in our team members. But most importantly, whilst Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy Li Director, Regulatory Consulting, London
Explore our findings and navigate the regulatory and financial services developments taking place in 2018.
Duff & Phelps professionals are leaders within their respective fields and frequently publish materials and contribute to third party reports.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 20000024 London, United Kingdom
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Compliance Consulting practice assists clients in setting up firms, obtaining their initial authorization or registration, and providing them with ongoing compliance advice to navigate the rapidly changing regulatory landscape. In this role you will develop a detailed knowledge of both UK and US regulatory requirements and gain exposure to premier alternative investment firms (including hedge funds, private equity, real estate managers, brokers and corporate finance businesses).
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Assisting with our regulatory hosting business including client take-on and background checks
- Assisting in the project management of regulatory applications to the FCA, SEC and CFTC
- Obtaining and processing information from clients, lawyers and other third parties
- Drafting compliance manuals and other compliance documentation for clients
- Establishing clients’ compliance infrastructure
- Attending Compliance monitoring visits with clients
- Drafting client reports
- Training in the US in SEC rules
- Secondments and project work with clients
- Managing internal regulatory reporting schedules
- Attendance at internal and external seminars, developing you networking skills
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Collaborative and cooperative working style
- Strong, diligent work ethic and attention to detail
- Intellectually rigorous and curious
- Ability to prioritise and juggle conflicting tasks successfully
- Ability to work within a small team, supporting colleagues where necessary
- Minimum 2.1 degree from a top 30 ranked university ideally in a related degree such as economics, business studies, mathematics, law etc.
- A Levels – ideally 3 Bs minimum
- GCSEs or equivalent – minimum of B in English, Mathematics and Science
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.