Software EngineerJob ID 20000712 Hyderabad, India Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
We need a skilled and experienced engineer to partner closely with a USA-based lead developer to further enhance and modernize a critical line-of-business web-based application.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, a great communicator and a deep technical front-end developer. You’ll be working with the lead developer/architect in USA, development and software QA teams in Hyderabad, and key stakeholders in USA, United Kingdom, India, Hong Kong, and elsewhere throughout the world.
As a team, we value integrity, honesty and consistency. We utilize modern best practices while respecting that legacy portions of the application are different.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Development, troubleshooting, testing, and deployment of React and/or Angular applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of how the application works and how it is used.
- Need a sense of how a feature “should” work without explicit requirements.
- Convert functional specifications into technical solutions with minimal guidance.
- Develop integration processes with external systems using APIs and web services including third-party integration tools.
- Perform complex analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents.
- Review code for potential performance, security, or reusability issues.
- Review code to ensure that it meets the requirements, or of you see a “better way”.
- Interact with the project owner, key stakeholders, QA, and other developers as needed.
- Desire for self-improvement, both manager-led and self-identified.
- Provide support to end users.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues.
- Minimum level of education required is BA/BS degree in computer science or other technical discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience in application development & 2 years of frontend engineering
- Experience with developing features utilizing React.js and/or Angular.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience building reusable components and frontend libraries.
- Experience with integrating third party components such as Kendo.
- Experience with authorization such as Azure B2B, B2C or Auth0.
- Experience with agile or scrum methodology and tools.
- Familiar with testing tools such as Jest, Enzyme, Jazmine or Karma.
- Familiar with React components built with React Hooks.
- Familiar with Redux and/or NGRX.
- Familiar with Docker.
- Knowledge of cloud providers, especially Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Broad understanding of entire SDLC, including UX, dev, QA, and release management
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Availability for limited travel, including international, is a plus.
To be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.