Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps is looking for Software Engineers to help us expand our cutting-edge research systems. Our software combines artificial intelligence, big data collection, and modern cloud computing technology to help our clients more easily identify risks in their business relationships.
This position is for our backend team focusing on development of our core REST API and backend services, as well as the integration of third-party data services and machine learning APIs. Our new APIs and services are being written in C# and run on the .NET Core 2 framework, while our legacy systems are written in C# for .NET Framework 4.x.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Work with local team lead to develop software based on acceptance criteria and technical specifications
- Work with front-end engineers and data science teams to gather requirements
- Work with the QA team to identify and resolve defects and bugs
- Investigate and document software issues for the other teams
- Work with local and U.S.-based teams to refine requirements in the backlog
- Learn and demonstrate ability with new software development tools
- Actively participate in local daily morning scrum meetings and weekly video calls with the U.S. teams
- Minimum level of education required is BA/BS degree in computer science or other relevant educational or work experience; advanced degree is a plus
- At least 3 years of application development experience with .NET and C#
- At least 3 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC or Web API
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Demonstrate ability to understand and implement complex middleware business logic
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of .NET Core
- Experience delivering and receiving content as JSON
- Experience with a version control system, preferably Git
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools like Jira or Azure DevOps
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Ability to quickly create proof-of-concept applications
- Experience developing public-facing APIs
- Experience with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, or AWS DynamoDB
- Experience working with JSON in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
- Experience with cloud storage like AWS S3 or Azure Blob Storage
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Knowledge of serverless container services like AWS Fargate or Azure Container Instances
- Experience working with container platforms like Kubernetes or Azure Service Fabric
- Experience with big data systems like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with enterprise search technology like Solr or Elasticsearch
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.