Intern, Real Estate Advisory GroupJob ID 20000078 Houston, Texas Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Real Estate Advisory Group provides comprehensive real estate valuation and consulting services for acquisitions, dispositions, financial reporting, tax, financing, insurance and other strategic planning purposes. Our services help owners and investors maximize property values.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Perform in-depth industry, market and competitor research
- Perform local, national and international real estate market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities and REITs using all accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Using Argus and Excel, design financial models for discounted cash flow analysis, market approach and cost approach valuation methods
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction, including personal & telephone Interviews with brokers and property managers
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Management (with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate), Business Administration (with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate), Economics (with a concentration in Finance or Real Estate) from an accredited college or university
- Must graduate between December 2020 and August 2021
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage time and workflow
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Commitment to focusing on quality
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.