Director, Valuation ServicesJob ID 19001268 Houston, Texas Apply now
Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Services prepares objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Directors work on a variety of assignments, including business enterprise valuations, purchase price allocations, valuations of complex securities including financial assets and liabilities as well as capital structures, intellectual property valuations, stock option valuations, and dispute consulting.
- Building client relationships and acting as a direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Researching target industries, with a focus on the power, utility, oil and gas markets, as well as competitor information
- Interviewing clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement with a general knowledge of some aspect of the financial services industry sector (banking, insurance, asset management, financial technology, etc.)
- Providing insight and expertise on target industries, market, and competitor information
- Managing valuation analyses including determining appropriate valuation methodology and building and reviewing financial models.
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to executive management
- Working with executive management to resolve financial services industry technical issues and to promote valuation best practices
- Supervising and mentoring staff on analyses, reports, presentations, and their overall careers with Duff & Phelps
- Work out of our Philadelphia office with a willingness to travel to other Duff & Phelps, client, and prospective client sites
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, with further experience and/or qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting, MBA from an accredited college/university, or additional professional accreditation such as CFA , ASA, or CPA
- Minimum of 8 years of experience at an Accounting Firm or Consulting Firm specializing in the valuation of businesses; intangible assets; financial assets and liabilities; and capital instruments of regulated financial services institutions (i.e. banks, insurance companies, asset managers, etc.), with experience in constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial and statistical models including: DCF, comparable company and transaction, stock options, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships and mentoring and developing staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is
committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not
discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race,
religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Intern, Corporate Finance Chicago, Illinois
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Surveyor, Real Estate Advisory Group Dublin, Leinster
- Associate Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations Milan, Lombardy
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.