Vice President, RestructuringJob ID 20000513 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Restructuring practice’s aim is to provide effective solutions to its clients. Our clients include major banks, asset-based lenders, private equity houses, accountants, solicitors, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors, corporates and individuals. We are tasked with assuming direct responsibility for organizations in distressed situations across virtually every industry and every situation.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Take a management role in the Restructuring team by assuming responsibility for the day to day operation of assignments
- Provide reports to the Directors and Managing Directors where appropriate, delegating tasks as required to other members of the team and ensuring their timely completion
- Ensure all timescales are met and dealt with as appropriate
- Provide guidance, motivation, mentoring and assistance to the team, assisting them with their training and progression in Duff & Phelps and undertake appraisals and other actions as required
- Assume responsibility for client relations and liaise with clients, clients’ employees, agents and solicitors as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with other professionals, referring work where appropriate to those professionals and where possible funding referrals to banks and other lenders
- Promote the business and services of Duff & Phelps by hosting and attending marketing events and seminars and presentations by other professionals and clients
- Handle and respond, within acceptable timescales, to case related correspondence and telephone calls from stakeholders, clients and creditors
- Prepare accurate budgets for tenders for new work, manage time costs and billing accordingly
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of both Duff & Phelps and job holder
- Adhere to Duff & Phelps’s systems, policy requirements and relevant Health & Safety policy
- Be willing to travel as required for work assignments
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience from Top 10 accounting firm or boutique advisory firm
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or an MBA or qualified accountant
- Highly motivated with the ability to work a demanding schedule in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience with managing of day to day aspects of client relationships and projects
- Superior interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Excellent research abilities ideally some familiarity with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Eikon etc.
- Fluency in at least one Asian language preferred
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- Engaging personality and strong team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Vice President, Business Development, Cyber Risk Nashville, Tennessee
- Service Desk Analyst Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist Secaucus, New Jersey
- Director, Restructuring Birmingham, England