I have enjoyed the last seven years working at Duff & Phelps and previously Kinetic Partners for many reasons including the variety of interesting projects we undertake, good communication channels to and from senior management, feeling empowered to help shape the direction of the team strategically and feeling supported by team members that instinctively help each other. Helping a broad range of clients is particularly rewarding and the nature of the role means that I'm always learning and meeting new people.
Director, Compliance Consulting
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Communicator 8
- Organized 8
- Results-driven 7
- Detail-oriented 7
- Innovation 6
Having worked in a Big 4 and Global Investment bank previously, to me, working at Duff & Phelps has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. You have greater responsibility and ownership compared to a larger firm given our relatively flat structure and immense trust in our team members. But most importantly, whilst Duff & Phelps continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness and the people at Duff & Phelps are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Tammy Li Director, Regulatory Consulting, London
Explore our findings and navigate the regulatory and financial services developments taking place in 2018.
Duff & Phelps professionals are leaders within their respective fields and frequently publish materials and contribute to third party reports.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 19002367 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
We are looking for someone to be an essential part of the team assisting our clients with their regulatory responsibilities. We are looking for bright, innovative individuals to be part of a growing team, individuals that have initiative and who will relish taking on responsibility. We can offer you the opportunity to manage your own portfolio of clients seeking regulatory advice, and a work environment that offers variety and is challenging and rewarding. This role would suit someone proactive, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys multitasking.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Managing a portfolio of clients regulated by the SFC, SEC and other global regulators
- Managing a team of consultants, each with own client base
- Preparing compliance and operational policies and procedures
- Setting up the regulatory and governance infrastructure and assisting ongoing monitoring
- Undertaking periodic monitoring reviews at client premises
- Reporting on findings and providing recommendations for procedural improvements to meet regulatory and best practice requirements
- Managing regulatory filing and reporting schedules
- Providing ad hoc regulatory advice and creative solutions
- Updating clients on regulatory change
- Networking and relationship building with industry professionals and industry bodies
- Business development with potential clients
- Proven experience in a compliance role, for example within a regulator, a regulated firm or a consultancy practice
- Detailed understanding of SFC rules and regulations
- Ideally detailed understanding of SEC rules and regulations
- Broad understanding of the alternative asset management industry
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Leadership skills
- Client facing, solutions focused skills
- Clear, logical thought processes, ability to make decisions and articulate these clearly
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to work within deadlines
- Solution-driven and problem-solving attitude
- Legal or accountancy background would be useful but not required
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.