Associate Director, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 18001123 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps' Business Intelligence and Investigations ("BII") practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll’s BII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
Summary of Position
As Associate Director you will assist in the BII practice by enhancing Kroll’s current data analytics capabilities, providing clarity around prospective clients, resource identification, competitor intelligence and Kroll’s overall abilities to enhance market presence.
You will also be responsible for conducting research and analysis, structuring projects and managing resources and preparing conclusions for clients. This role requires an imaginative and creative thinker with the ability to work to tight deadlines often balancing a significant and varied caseload.
- Provide expert, reliable and robust analysis of complex situations and data for clients
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Act as client contact throughout projects and contribute to management of the client relationship
- Exercise good judgment, demonstrate innovation and adapt working strategy based on results obtained
- Take ownership of project and deliverables and manage workflow and costs effectively
- Ensure ethical conduct, quality of services, use of best practices and compliance with policy and SOPs in each project
- Identify project risks and effectively manage them
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in a reputable professional, consulting or financial services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organisation.
- Prior experience in project managing investigative/research cases and/or investment advisory.
- Proven ability grasp client needs and to analyze large data sets in order to deliver readily understandable executive reports and dashboards
- Strong team, project and client management experience, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in a broad variety of investigative methods
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
- Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Intern, Unclaimed Property Dallas, Texas
- Intern, Real Estate Advisory Group Atlanta, Georgia
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations São Paulo, São Paulo
- Vice President, Compliance Consulting Los Angeles, California
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.