Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 18001121 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Apply now
Summary of Position
As an Associate within the BII practice, you are required to support case managers to conduct in-depth investigative & intelligence due diligence research. Manage cases from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research (‘Desktop Research’) into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals.
Our Associates’ work enables our clients to make informed, strategic decisions that have a huge impact on their organisations. As a result, we place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
- Conducting extensive primary and secondary web-based research
- Identifying relevant information and developing useful insights into research subjects
- Writing and editing of research reports for client use
- Tracking progress and ensuring timely completion of cases
- Contacting the client as required by supervisor
- Confirming the accuracy, logic and overall quality of research reports
- Take ownership of project and deliverables
- Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Commercial experience preferably 1-3 years’ experience gained from a research-related field
- Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is a must.
- Proven ability to perform all methods of research, including desktop research and analysis from primary and secondary sources
- Strong understanding and developed interest in Asian politics and current affairs
- Excellent reports writing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
- Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.