Senior Associate, Property TaxJob ID 19001140 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
Duff & Phelps’ Property Tax practice assists clients in identifying tax saving opportunities by reviewing their tangible property portfolio and associated property tax assessments and liabilities.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Our Tax Services practice is seeking to hire a Senior Associate to work on tax consulting and valuation projects. As part of our team, your role will include:
- Performing in-depth client, industry, and general market research
- Analyzing financial and market data
- Contributing to the development of presentations, proposals, and publications
- Assisting in the development of fair market value opinions using traditional business and property valuation techniques such as Discounted Cash Flow, Direct Capitalization,
- Market, and Replacement Cost Approaches
- Preparing and filing administrative appeals and refund claims
- Assisting in the preparation of presentation materials for tax hearings
- Assisting with preparation of project status reports for clients
- Tracking refunds and assisting with preparation of client invoices
- Assisting with preparation of tax projection scenarios for pre- and post-acquisition due diligence
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Real Estate or similarly related field
- Desire to work towards a professional certification such as ASA, CMI, CFA, MAI or other similar accreditation
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong personal integrity
- Limited travel as necessary
- Prior experience in property tax capacity is desired
- Intern, Corporate Finance Chicago, Illinois
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Surveyor, Real Estate Advisory Group Dublin, Leinster
- Associate Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations Milan, Lombardy
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.