Intern, Valuation Digital SolutionsJob ID 21001147 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Duff & Phelps’ (A Kroll business) Valuation Digital Solutions group develops U.S. and international risk premia (e.g., equity risk premia, risk free rates, size premia, industry risk premia, betas, industry multiples and other statistics, etc.) for use in valuation models, and distributes this information globally on the Duff & Phelps online Cost of Capital Navigator platform. Members of Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Digital Solutions group are renowned thought leaders in the area of U.S. and international valuation theory, cost of capital, and digital solutions. The Valuation Digital Solutions group also produces the which has been the definitive annual resource for historical U.S. capital markets performance data for over 30 years.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Help develop U.S. and international risk premia data (e.g., equity risk premia, risk free rates, size premia, industry risk premia, betas, industry multiples and other statistics, etc.) that is distributed globally on the Duff & Phelps online Cost of Capital Navigator platform at dpcostofcapital.com. These inputs are a key ingredient to develop discount rates, which are crucial to perform discounted cash flows (DCF) analyses.
- Assist in the expanding and maintaining of our digital products. Tasks include creating data visualizations, product management, quality assurance testing, brainstorming new features and enhancements, identifying opportunities to upsell and cross-sell, and competitive research.
- Consult with Duff & Phelps global engagement teams, providing guidance and input into U.S. and international valuation and cost of capital assessments. The Duff & Phelps Valuation Digital Solutions continuously develops and enhances a variety of models and tools to provide meaningful and defensible measures of risk for our engagement teams worldwide, and for our customers globally.
- Participate in the development of Cost of Capital risk measures and tools. May include assistance in writing FAQs and User Guides related to these tools.
- Research and monitor economic, financial, and political developments that impact individual country risk assessments.
- Update existing international cost of equity models (e.g. sovereign bond yield spreads, relative equity volatilities, country credit rating model, etc.).
- Assist in the creation of content to be used in webinars, infographics, LinkedIn and other social media posts, and other marketing materials.
- This is not a “making copies” position. You will actually be doing things. Be motivated and clever, and you will likely learn a lot.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Management (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Engineering (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) or MBA from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to work in our Philadelphia office throughout the year
- Expected graduation date between December 2021 and September 2023.
- Major GPA of 3.0
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to communicate clearly (both written and spoken).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
- Ability to work full-time during school breaks and part-time during school term.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams is prefered
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs