Intern, Disputes ConsultingJob ID 19001941 Boston, Massachusetts Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Disputes practice provides expert analysis and testimony primarily in the context of litigation and/or commercial disputes. Our work product generally involves complex financial analysis, damages evaluation, loss attribution and valuation. The need for our services may arise in the context of disputes between parties, such as shareholder disputes, breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, and patent infringement. We also provide expert services in the context of disputes or litigation alleging legal or regulatory violations, including matters investigated, examined, or prosecuted by the SEC, the DOJ, FINRA, the FBI or other global regulatory or law enforcement bodies. Intellectual Property advisory helps clients assess the value of IP assets globally in both non-litigation and litigation settings, including managing issues related to damages, licensing and IP portfolio management.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
As a Disputes Intern, you will have the opportunity to exercise your knowledge and talents in support of our work relating to commercial disputes, internal investigations, litigation, insolvency, arbitration or similar proceedings. The specific tasks may include assistance with damages determination, forensic accounting, report writing, research, big data analytics, risk assessment, asset tracing, IP and advisory, bankruptcy advisory, and solvency analyses. You may also be tasked with assisting our professionals with disputes alleging breach of contract, financial fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, patent or trademark infringement, theft of trade secrets, insider or illegal trading, market manipulation, Ponzi schemes, corruption, bribery, money laundering, valuation, illegal securities offerings, or increasingly, matters related to cryptocurrency or blockchain.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Economics), Business Analytics, MBA or other degree focused on complex problem solutions (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) from an accredited university or college
- Must be graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance principles and financial statement analysis
- Strong mathematical, analytical, research, comprehension and quantitative skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
At Duff & Phelps, you’ll be encouraged to reach your peak—and then push further. We’ll complement your current skill set with a personalized growth and development plan.
With more than 2,500 employees working in major business centers across North America, South America, Europe and Asia , we provide clients with both the local knowledge and the global resources they need.
Network of Women
The Network of Women (NOW) was launched in 2012 to attract, develop and retain women at all levels of the
YOU are bright, ambitious, and eager to make an immediate impact. And ready to begin your career with Duff & Phelps.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.