Senior Associate, Disputes ConsultingJob ID 20000654 Amsterdam, Netherlands Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
The Disputes & Investigations service line works closely with all teams within the firm providing comprehensive and integrated solutions through every phase of litigation, arbitration and trial. Based on an integrated approached we provide our Clients, law firms and companies, solutions based on our technical and industry expertise in order to clarify facts, quantify damages and communicate findings clearly, concisely and objectively.
This means a wide and varied exposure for you to be able to develop and gain further skills in areas such as commercial and/or shareholder disputes, bankruptcy litigation, follow on cartel damages-cases, forensic accounting and/or fraud investigations, as well as various cross border disputes and arbitrations.
As a Senior Associate within an expanding team, you will gain unparalleled exposure to incredibly exciting projects of a highly sensitive nature with very varied work. In addition, your career and development opportunities are vast with exposure to clients and lawyers from day one. Being part of a specialist group, but within a truly global firm, means your personal impact will be instant but will be supported by an ambitious full service professional services firm. As a Senior Associate, you will work to:
- Support dispute related engagements;
- Support forensic accounting investigations;
- Provide strategic advice to lawyers in order to help progress cases;
- Assist clients with fact finding and clarifying facts related to either disputes engagement or forensic investigations;
- Assist with writing reports in Dutch and/or English in a clear and concise way
- Project management of a variety of cases;
- Build client relationships, identifying and sourcing new work, and new product development.
- Qualified accountant (RA, CPA, ACA) with 5-6 years’ experience, preferably from the Big 4, ideally supplemented with a litigation background;
- Excellent academics
- A practice background but looking to grow your career in a more specialist environment;
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving, as well as being able to develop innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to process and analyse large volumes of data
- The ability to explain complex, technical issues in an understandable manner to lawyers and lay parties;
- Excellent report writing skills in Dutch and/or English;
- The ability to establish effective working relationships - with a strong client focus;
- The Dutch language as a mother tongue is preferred, supplemented with preferably one or more European languages.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Vice President, Business Development, Cyber Risk Nashville, Tennessee
- Service Desk Analyst Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist Secaucus, New Jersey
- Director, Restructuring Birmingham, England